- Buy in extra staffing so that the children are taught in smaller groups for Literacy and Numeracy.
- Buy in extra staffing for targeted intervention work. This picks up children who are not making the progress we expect of them. This includes children of all abilities.
- Allows us to provide music lesson free of charge.
- Allows us to provide clubs free of charge.
- Enables us to heavily subsidise the Year 5 and Year 6 residential trips.
The impact of this work is that children who are eligible for Pupil Premium at Lakey Lane do at least as well as similar children nationally. In fact, at the end of year 6, they do better in reading and writing than other pupil premium children nationally.
Read more information about the impact of previous spending and our plan for this year by clicking on one of the links below
Pupil Premium Strategy Statement
Pupil Premium - Previous spending and its impact
Pupil Premium - 2016/2017 Planned Expenditure